Preschool Storytime: Monday Schedule
October 8 - No storytime. Closed for Columbus Day.
October 15 - staff/guest reader October 22
October 29 - Halloween storytime November 5
Nov. 12 - No storytime. Closed for Veteran’s Day.
Nov. 19 - Thanksgiving Storytime
Dec. 3 - staff/guest reader
Dec. 17 - Happy Holidays Storytime
Storytime is free for area children ages 3-5, and includes stories, songs and simple crafts.
PLEASE REMIND CHILDREN OF THE FOLLOWING “SIMPLE” RULES:
1. Sit your bottom on a mat, so others may see.
2. Sit quiet during stories, so others may hear.
3. Keep your hands to yourself. This protects your personal space and possessions.
4. Toys, puzzles, blocks, etc. are put away BEFORE storytime begins and computer games are shut down.
REMINDERS FOR PARENTS/CAREGIVERS:
1. If you have registered a child for storytime but cannot attend please notify the Children’s Dept. by calling (401) 625-6796 ext. 14. This enables us to fill the open slot from waiting lists.
2. To limit distractions and comply with fire code room capacity, storytime parents/caregivers are requested to remain in the adult section of the library (upstairs) while storytime is in progress. Those who bring babies/toddlers with them are asked to comply with this rule, as toddlers that wander into the storytime area and baby noises (both joyful and crying) can be disruptive to providing a good listening environment. If there is any problem with your child during storytime the staff person that is at the circulation desk will bring him/her to you.
3. Please DO NOT leave the building while storytime is in progress.
4. Please have your child use the restroom before storytime begins.
5. If Tiverton schools are closed due to snow, storytime is canceled.
Thank You, Ms. Janet / Children's Services