In response to recent public health concerns, Tiverton Public Library has taken these actions:
- We are following the guidelines from Rhode Island Department of Health and our Library Administration is actively checking for new information as it becomes available from the Department of Health.
- Please check the library website and calendar of events for up-to-date information regarding programs that are postponed or canceled. You may also call 401-625-6796 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- If you or a family member is sick, please do not visit the library. Services that are available remotely include Ocean State Libraries eZone, online databases, and reference services via phone (401-625-6796) and email (email@example.com).
- Library staff have increased the number of times our frequently touched surfaces like door handles, computers, countertops, tabletops, and restrooms are cleaned with disinfecting cleaners.
- We encourage patrons visiting the library to wash their hands frequently using CDC guidelines (link below).
- Hand sanitizer has always been available at our public service desks so we ask that patrons use these products if they are unable to wash their hands.
- Disinfecting wipes are available at our public service desks if patrons wish to wipe down a computer or other workspace before or after use.
- Our Children’s Library has removed toys that take a significant amount of time for staff to clean. This is so that our staff can focus on disinfecting frequently touched surfaces. Toys that can be disinfected in an efficient manner remain available.
- We have information readily available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on COVID-19 in various places around the library. Ask a staff member if you need assistance locating these resources.
- If you are in a mental health or substance use crisis made worse by the COVID-19 pandemic and you need immediate assistance, please call 24/7 to get connected to care: (401) 414-LINK (5465) If you are under 18, call: 855-KID(543)-LINK(5465) https://www.bhlink.org/covid19
- Samaritans of Rhode Island Suicide Prevention Resource Center. “Feeling lost? We don’t judge. We listen.” 401-272-4044 http://www.samaritansri.org
- For people experiencing emotional distress related to a disaster, SAMHSA offers toll-free crisis counseling and support through its Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990. https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline
- Rhode Island Commerce’s website provides answers to frequently asked questions about operating a business during the COVID-19 crisis. You can also call their Small Business Hotline at (401) 521-HELP or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. https://commerceri.com/covid-19/
Official COVID News from the Town of Tiverton, RI
This is the official COVID-19 news portal for the Town of Tiverton, RI. This website was commissioned by the Town of Tiverton to ensure residents have the latest information, news, and resources as our community responds to the worldwide COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
Rhode Island Department of Health, COVID-19 Information
Reopening Rhode Island
Click here to get the latest information on Rhode Island’s phased approach to reopening the state, and what that looks like for businesses, public services, and the general public.
Learn more about Massachusetts’ phased approach to safely reopen the economy and ease social restrictions while minimizing the health impacts of COVID-19.
Rhode Island Department of Health
Library patrons are encouraged to visit the Rhode Island Department of Health website for authoritative and up-to-date information and recommendations on COVID-19.
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also has valuable resources on COVID-19 and how to protect yourself.
CDC’s Recommendations for Handwashing
RI Office of Library & Information Services
You may also visit the RI Office of Library & Information Services website. They have gathered resources for libraries and for the public during this crisis.
Town of Tiverton
There is town-specific information on the COVID-19 response on the Town of Tiverton website.
RI Department of Labor and Training
The Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training has created a fact sheet for those whose employment has been affected by the virus.
Information on Unemployment and COVID-19 in Massachusetts
The Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development and the Department of Unemployment Assistance, in coordination with the U.S. Department of Labor, are taking a series of actions to assist workers and employers and Massachusetts.
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Protect yourself financially from the coronavirus with information from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Rhode Island Commerce
Rhode Island Commerce is providing free tech support, guidance, and funding to small businesses during the COVID-19 emergency.
MA Information on the Outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Details about the public health response to the COVID-19 pandemic in Massachusetts.
Quick, simple, doctor-reviewed answers. COVID-101 is your resource for reliable, easy-to-understand answers to all your questions on the COVID-19 Pandemic.
RI Attorney General’s Office
The RI Attorney General’s web site has guidance, tips, and links to help you access what you need during the COVID-19 emergency, including how to report price gouging and protect yourself from scams.
RI Distance Learning Helpline
Teachers, tech experts, and librarians are available to help 7 days a week, including some evening hours, to support parents as they navigate distance learning for their children. Open to all Rhode Island K-12 parents and guardians; just fill out the online form or call 904-414-4927.