Purchase slightly used books year round from our book cart in the main lobby.
Hardcovers are $1
Paperbacks are $.50
Sponsored by The Friends of Tiverton Libraries. All proceeds go toward library programing and museum passes. Come pick out a book to bring home today.
The Tiverton Public Library is continuously enriched by the generous donations of its customers. When customers inquire about donating materials, please use the following guidelines.
We will accept the following materials in MINT condition only:
- Adult hardcover and paperback books
- Children’s hardcover and paperback books
- Young adult hardcover and paperback books
- Compact discs in original cases
- DVDs in original sleeves
- Unabridged books on CD in original packaging
We will not accept the following:
- Any materials that have odors or stains
- Any materials that have been stored in attics, cellars or garages
- Readers Digest condensed books
- Magazines of any kind
- Vinyl record albums
- Computer games and software
- Computers and other electronic items
- Puzzles, games, and toys, including stuffed animals
- Video cassettes
- Books on tape
Federal regulations prohibit the library from giving estimates of value for donated materials. All donations become the property of the Tiverton Public Library and are added to the collection, sold in the book sale, or discarded.
Please visit the American Library Association’s website for more information on where to donate your books: http://www.ala.org/ala/professionalresources/libfactsheets/alalibraryfactsheet12.cfm or check out http://themillionbookproject.com/ to find out about the free service that will come pick up books to be donated.