Tiverton Public Library is excited to announce scheduled, contactless pick-up for library materials starting Monday, May 11th!
While the building is still closed, library materials will be made available for pick-up outside (location will be weather dependent). Details about this service are below.
- Call the library via 401-625-6796 and speak with a staff member to place your order.
- Orders will be limited to 5 items per person and one order at a time.
- Items must be currently available at Tiverton Public Library as statewide book delivery is still unavailable.
- Items currently on the holdshelf will also be available for pick-up and will not count towards the 5 item limit.
- Give us some time to get your order ready. We will call to schedule a pick-up appointment.
- Once we have prepared your order, a staff member will call you within 2 days to schedule a date and time for pick-up. Items will be checked out prior to pick-up.
- Library staff will be cleaning your items and letting them sit in a paper bag for at least 1 day before pick-up.
- Pick up your items on your scheduled date/time.
- We will give you details on a pick-up location when we call to schedule your appointment.
As of Friday, May 8th our book drop is open and ready for your returns. Thank you for patiently storing your materials. If you are not finished with your materials, all due dates have been extended to June 1st.
A message from our Library Director Catherine Damiani
To the Tiverton Public Library community:
We hope that you and your loved ones have stayed safe and healthy over the past couple of weeks. I would like to take a moment to thank you all for your patience and positive words of encouragement. Our library staff have been hard at work creatively delivering virtual services and programs you can enjoy from the safety of your own home. I am working closely with the Library Board of Trustees, the Rhode Island Office of Library and Information Services, and Ocean State Libraries on a phased reopening plan very similar to the Governor’s plan for the state. As we begin our phased reopening, please bear with us as we work to ensure your safety as well as the safety of our library staff.
We look forward to seeing you soon…from a distance!