Are you struggling with your smartphone or are you baffled by what the CLOUD is? Do you want to learn how download free e-Books from the library or want to feel confident with tech lingo when you walk into an electronics store? Let us help!
You can sign up for one-on-one tutoring with Kristin Amaral, our Technology Coordinator, to learn basic technology skills. These meetings are perfect for people who would like to become more comfortable with technology. Please remember that you don’t necessarily need a personal device in order to make an appointment. If you are interested in learning to use the library computers or if you are ready to buy your very first smartphone, we can help!
There is no such thing as a stupid question!
We book in thirty minute slots, by appointment only.
Here are some topics we can cover with you:
- Downloading library ebooks or audiobooks onto your computer or portable device
- Using Libby and the eZone
- Searching the library catalog
- Windows 10 basics (please inquire about any specific programs)
- Mac (Apple) basics (please inquire about any specific programs)
- iPad or iPhone basics
- Kindle e-Readers
- Microsoft Office basics (Word, Excel, Publisher, Powerpoint)
- Creating and checking e-Mail (cell phone number required)
- USB flash drives to save personal files
- Digital file organization
- Digital photo organization
- Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms
- Video chatting Basics
- Streaming music on platforms like Spotify or Pandora
- Social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, or LinkedIn
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE:
- Please have a clear goal of what you would like to learn. Bring a list of questions if this helps you.
- Please bring all the necessary email addresses, logins and passwords needed to access your device or accounts.
- Be sure to bring your device and any cords or chargers.
- Bringing a notebook and pen is always helpful!
Please note: we are unable to troubleshoot or fix malfunctioning devices, replace physical parts on devices, or participate in credit card transactions.
Sign up by calling Kristin at 1-401-625-6796 or emailing email@example.com