We have many quiet places for you to work.
Find a desk between rows of books, relax in the fireplace room, enjoy some fresh air on the patio or spread out in one of our meeting rooms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the library have a scanner, copy machine or fax machine?
- The library has a few scanners, located in the adult computer area. This is a free service.
- The photocopy machine near the circulation desk prints in both black and white and color; it does have a feeder tray to make double-sided copies. You can scan and send to an email from the photocopy machine as well. Black and white copies are $.15 per page. Color copies are $.50/page. Machines accept one dollar bills and coins.
- Faxing services are not available. You can scan and send to an email for free.
How do I reserve a meeting room?
- To reserve a meeting room fill out the online room reservation form here. Meeting rooms may be reserved up to 3 months in advance of the meeting. It is recommended that completed applications be submitted at least 7 days in advance of the meeting.
May I use my cell phone in the library?
- Cell phone use is allowed only in the library’s covered patio area and in the meeting rooms. Please set your cell phone to vibrate or silent mode when you enter the Library. Texting is allowed anywhere.
May I eat in the library?
- There are tables and chairs on the patio and on the grass outside the children’s library for you to use for eating. No food or drink are allowed in the Teen Library or near the computers. Only water is allowed in the Children’s Library. Covered drinks are allowed in the main areas of the library.
Does the Library provide computers with Internet access?
- Yes, the library provides computers with Internet access free of charge. An Ocean State Libraries card number is required to log on to our computers.
Can I print at the Library? Is there a charge for printing?
- Yes. The charge for black & white prints is $.15 cents per page and color prints are $.50 cents.
Is there a time limit for computer use/Internet access?
- If the computers are very busy, and there are people waiting, there is a one-hour limit. If there is no one waiting, time limits are flexible for users who have an OSL library card.
May I use my laptop in the library? May I plug it in? Is there wi-fi access?
- Yes, you may use your laptop in the library. There are many electrical outlets for use by the public throughout the library. Our wi-fi network is called “Tiverton Public”, there is no password.