The Tiverton Library is looking for an on call Library Associate.
A high school diploma, library experience, and a good customer service attitude are required; familiarity with III Sierra is preferred.
The position pays $12.00 per hour.
Duties include: perform all circulation functions, assisting customers and other duties as required.
Please send resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an as needed position to cover when staff is out. Not a scheduled position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet and assist Library customers, using effective customer service skills.
- Performs all circulation desk functions, including:
- Checks in, checks out and renewals of Library materials;
- Informs customers of the status of their Library records
- Processes applications for and issues new Library cards
- Assists customers in locating and retrieving Library materials
- Fields requests for new acquisitions and Interlibrary Loans
- Assists customers in making copies
- Answers telephone calls and transfers as necessary
- Performs other duties as requested by the supervising staff
- Sorts and shelves all library material in correct order
- Shelve reading and general pick-up
- Locates materials on hold lists
- Assists in the emptying of the book drops
- Prepares materials for delivery and unpacks delivery
- Helps with interlibrary loan
- Maintain orderly and clean shelves
- Identify books requiring mending, noting the book's particular problem
- Read spine labels, and re-shelf books that are not in proper order
- Straightens, shifts, and edges collections as a routine part of shelving
- Answer basic questions and concerns
- Direct customers with more specific questions to other staff
- Give directions around the library
- Put magazine in order with most current issue in front slot.
- Check bulletin boards for outdated notices.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions, policies and procedures
- Ability to receive instruction from library staff and the cooperation to abide by library policies and regulations
- Ability to lift and move materials and furniture as necessary
- Ability to work patiently with customers of all ages
- Ability to work amicably with staff
- Ability to read print
- Ability to place items in alphabetical and numerical order using the Dewey Decimal System
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to shelve or retrieve library materials from all heights of shelves, and from all locations in the library
- Ability to load and push a book cart to appropriate locations in the library
- Ability to operate a computer
- Ability to bend to floor level or reach a height of 66 inches
- General familiarity with libraries
- Must maintain privacy of customer records and material selections