Tech Help Appointments & Drop-In Sessions
One-on-one sessions (by appointment)
One-on-one sessions are perfect for people who would like to become more comfortable with technology. Please remember that you don’t necessarily need a personal device in order to make an appointment. If you are interested in learning to use library computers or if you are ready to buy your very first smartphone, we can help!
Sign up by calling Kristin at 1-401-625-6796 ext 8 or
Drop-in sessions (Select Saturdays)
June 10th & 24th, 10:00 am-12:00 pm or 2:00-4:00 pm
Drop-in sessions are great for quick questions. Simply head to the tables in front of the info desk during the dates & times listed above, and Kristin will be there to meet you.
Here are examples of topics we can cover with you:
- Downloading library ebooks or audiobooks onto your computer or mobile device (Libby and eZone)
- Searching the library catalog
- Windows 10 or Mac (Apple) basics (please inquire about any specific programs)
- iPad or iPhone basics
- Kindle e-Readers
- Microsoft Office basics (Word, Excel, Publisher, Powerpoint)
- Creating and checking e-Mail (cell phone number required)
- USB flash drives to save personal files
- Digital file and photo organization
- Digital photo organization
- Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Video chatting
- Streaming music on platforms like Spotify or Pandora
- Social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, or LinkedIn
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE:
- Please have a clear goal of what you would like to learn. Bring a list of questions if this helps you.
- Please bring all the necessary email addresses, logins, and passwords needed to access your device or accounts.
- Be sure to bring your device and any cords or chargers.
- Bringing a notebook and pen is always helpful!
- There is no such thing as a stupid question!
Please note: we are unable to troubleshoot or fix malfunctioning devices, replace physical parts on devices, or participate in credit card transactions.
Can’t make it to our sessions? How about a book? Click HERE for a list of helpful, print resources.