2021 Summer Teen Quest
June 21st - August 21st, 2021
About Our Summer Experience
Things still look a little different this year ...
Each summer, the Tiverton Public Library offers a Teen Summer Experience for students who are entering into Grade 6 (or students who are at least 12 years old) through Grade 12. Participation in our program allows for students to explore, participate in shared experiences, and submit their participation for prizes.
June 21st - August 21st, 2021
How to Participate
This year, we are offering 4 Quest worksheets:
- Reading Quest
- Listening Quest
- Experiencing Quest
- Digital Quest
- Students may complete the Quest worksheet(s) of their choosing. They may complete all, some, or one. Students may submit the same challenge multiple times but may not report the same items on multiple worksheets.
- Our worksheets track completion (not progress) of each stage of the Quest. For example: Stating that you read The Hunger Games to fulfill part of the reading challenge states that a book has been finished (read to completion), not progress or time spent towards reading the entire title.
- Quest worksheets can be found on our Teen Summer Reading page on www.tivertonlibrary.org. Quest worksheets can also be placed with holds when they are picked up. Paper copies will also be made available at the library when patrons can be safely welcomed back inside the building.
- Worksheets can be submitted for our raffles in the following ways:
- Dropped off at the library with returned items.
- When the library is open, students can submit them in the Teen Room.
- Students may submit photos of their completed worksheet by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or DMing a picture of the completed worksheet to @tivertonteenroom on Instagram.
- Students must complete all three levels of each Quest for the Quest to be complete. Only completed challenges will be considered valid entries when the grand prize raffles are drawn at the end of the 2021 Summer Teen Quest in August.
June 21, 28; July 6, 13, 20, 27; August 3, 10, 17
@6pm on Discord
June 22- August 17 (Excluding July 20)
Noon-1pm Google Meet
June 30 - August 18 (Excluding July 28)
11:30am - 12:30pm Google Meet
July 1 - August 19
Posted to IGTV by 11:30am Each Week
Grand Prize Gift Cards:
- Barnes & Noble
- Game Stop
Opportunities for in-person volunteer hours are incredibly limited this summer due to COVID-19 safety protocols for unvaccinated age groups.
Students must be entering grades 7-12 in Fall 2021 to be eligible to volunteer.
Students can fill out a preference form here:
Students will be assigned to opportunities based on student interest/response in an effort to fairly provide opportunities for as many students as possible.
Students can also earn volunteer hours by attending digital programming. To earn hours by program attendance students must 1. have their cameras on and 2. actively and appropriately participate in the program.
(Accommodations will be made for students on an as-needed basis.)